RCF Technologies, founded in 1975, is a woman owned, Hubzone certified company, designing and manufacturing components for industries including aerospace, automotive, marine, defense and industrial.
RCF Technologies, founded in 1975, is a woman owned, Hubzone certified company, designing and manufacturing components for industries including aerospace, automotive, marine, defense and industrial. Products include seals, gaskets, ducting, machined products, and specialty items. All RCF products are designed and manufactured in the USA.
RCF Technologies designs and manufactures components for use in aerospace, automotive/motorsport, marine, and other industries, utilizing Rishon®, our proprietary homogeneous material which consists of our high temp silicone-based material and a standard fiberglass mesh in most cases. Rishon has eight properties that make it far superior to all other materials on the market:
1. Rishon operates from -170ºF (-112.2ºC) — 850ºF (454.4ºC) continuously
2. Rishon is an FAA-approved fire barrier in thickness’ as low as .037”
3. Rishon bonds to all metals and most composites using the parent material in the B stage as the adhesive
4. Rishon is compatible with almost all fluids on an aircraft
5. Rishon is a low modulus material, so it absorbs both sound and vibration
6. Rishon can be electrically conductive or non-conductive with almost no additional weight
7. Rishon can be used as an insulator for both heat and flame in thickness’ as low as .050”
8. Rishon offers low outgassing values Our niche includes most high-temperature applications (bleed air, APU, anti-icing, etc.) fireproofing, lightweight metal couplings, clamps, isolation mounts flexible connectors and sealant tapes, insulation, electrically conductive and non-conductive parts.
RCF Technologies was founded in 1975 by Jack M. Kramer as RCF Seals and Couplings, with the intention of designing and selling seals, couplings, ducting and gaskets to the commercial aviation industry. Kramer was aware of a specific sealing problem on the Boeing 747 aircraft, and had developed a unique design to solve that problem. The success of the design was based on two major innovations: first, a new, proprietary silicone/fiberglass composite material and second, a patented seal design. By 1980 RCF seals were to be found on most major air carriers and had developed a reputation for good quality and for engineering problem-solving. RCF’s name was changed in 1997 to RCF Technologies, Inc. to reflect the change in the types of parts we supply. Our niche now includes most high temperature applications (bleed air, APU, anti-icing, etc). Light weight metal couplings, clamps, isolation mounts, flexible connectors and sealant tapes have also been added. Insulation and electrically conductive parts are the latest developments in our arsenal of parts. RCF has marketed to numerous additional industries since 2009, including applications in the automotive (NASCAR), marine, petrochemical and industrial sectors. The problems of heat, weight and performance apply much as they do to aerospace, and our reception into this market has been rapid and exciting. As always, RCF is dedicated to maintaining its’ unique position in industry through on-going development of state-of-the-art materials and products.